For SELF-DRIVE vehicles
1. VEHICLE: Vehicles which includes tires, tools, equipment, accessories, and Vehicle documents, do not belong to Renter. It is delivered to Renter for rental purposes only and is in good operating condition. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY VEHICLE COVERED BY THIS AGREMEENT.
2. VEHICLE RETURN: Renter will return the vehicle in the same good operating condition to the place on the due back date specified, or sooner upon demand.
3. REPOSSESSION OF VEHICLE: The vehicle may be repossessed, at Renter's cost and without notice if it is not returned on the due back date, is illegally parked, used in violation of laws or of this Agreement, appears to be abandoned, or if Renter gave false or misleading information at time of rental.
4. AUTHORIZED DRIVERS: The Rental and the following validly licensed individuals with Renter's permission ("Authorized Drivers") may operate the vehicle. All other additional Authorized Drivers must appear at the time of the rental and be named on the face of this Agreement. All Authorized Drivers must have a valid driver's license. Other qualifications and charges may be in place at the time of the rental.
The RENTER agrees that it shall not allow its Qualified and Authorized Drivers to perform any acts, things or deeds for the use of the leased vehicle or any other act that may endanger the driver and his passengers and other parties or put in danger the condition of the leased vehicle. Accordingly, the RENTER shall not:
a) Allow use of vehicle by an unauthorized driver
b) Allow use of vehicle in a willful or wanton manner
c) Allow driver to drive vehicle while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or other substances which would impair driving ability
d) Allow use of vehicle for any act of felony including transportation of drugs or contraband
e) Allow vehicle to tow or push anything, to carry persons or property for hire, or to engage in a speed contest
f) Allow use of Driver’s License If obtained by fraud or misrepresentations
g) Allow use of vehicle along off regularly maintained roadways
h) Allow use of vehicle to carry hazardous or explosive substances
i) Allow use of vehicle to transport weight in excess of vehicle's maximum payload capacity/overloading
j) Allow use of vehicle where insufficient clearance of height or width exists
k) Allow use of vehicle to any driver who does not know how to operate a stick shift driven vehicle/manual transmission (if vehicle has manual transmission)
l) Allow use of vehicle which will result in improper loading
m) Allow any one using the vehicle to leave the vehicle without removing the keys or close and lock all doors, windows and the trunk of the vehicle.
n) Allow use of vehicle when there are more passengers to occupy the vehicle than there are seat belts and/or it will violate the Child Restraint Laws
o) Allow use of vehicle to transport goods in violation of customs regulation or other illegal manner
p) Allow travels to Banaue, Mt. Province and other areas where roads are not passable for cars or vans, especially flooded and lahar area; and to inter-island trips
q) Allow use of vehicle to a driver who cause(d) damage to the vehicle or cause personal injury or property damage to others as a result of reckless misconduct
5. DAMAGED VEHICLE: Renter will not use the vehicle if it is damaged or in need of repair and will be responsible for all damage of the VEHICLE resulting from such use.
6. TRAFFIC LAW VIOLATIONS: Renter will pay for all fines and penalties to any traffic violation, plus all costs incurred in the event Renter fails to make such payments. Renter agrees that in connection with any claimed violations, any information relating to Renter may be submitted to governmental authorities.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE: Rental Rate is inclusive of If Renter declines optional COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW), Renter is responsible for the FULL VALUE regardless of fault. If Renter or any Authorized Driver purchases CDW, but violates a use restriction in Paragraph 45, Renter will be responsible for the FULL VALUE of such loss of or damage including actual and consequential damages, costs and attorney fees, and CDW will be void.
8. RENTER RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY: Renter is responsible for any property left or stored in the vehicle, shuttle bus, or any where at the renting location, no matter who received, stored or handled the property.
9. PAYMENT: Renter will pay on demand all charges due under this Agreement, even if Renter indicated that someone else or that some company will pay for the charges. Renter consents to the reservation of credit, by a credit card issuer, up to the amount of the estimated charges due under this Rental Agreement (RA) and authorized the renting location to process a credit card voucher, if applicable, in Renter's name, for all the charges due in this agreement. All charges are subject to final audit, and if error is found, either party promptly pay or credit the other, as appropriate, to correct the error. Renter will pay interest at the highest rate permitted by law on any past due charges and will also pay collection costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, if all charges are paid when due.
10. FUEL: Renter is responsible for returning the vehicle with as much fuel in the tank as when received. If the Renter returns the vehicle with less fuel than we supplied it with, a fuel charge applies. Budget determines the fuel rate and multiplies it to the amount of fuel needed by the refilling of the tank. AT THE TIME OF RETURN, RENTER WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ANY FUEL REMAINING IN THE VEHICLE.
11. FAILURE TO RETURN VEHICLE: If Renter fails to return the vehicle on the due back date or within 24 hours following a written or oral demand to Renter (which demand, if in writing shall be considered delivered forty eight  hours after the mailing of a certified letter addressed to the residence or business of Renter as shown on the rental form.) Renter will be deemed to be in unlawful possession of the vehicle and to have authorized the issuance of a warrant for the arrest of the Renter or any person possessing the vehicle.
12. VEHICLE REPAIRS/ALTERATIONS: Renter will not permit any repair to or replacement of any part on the vehicle without the prior consent of the renting location. Renter will not tamper with the vehicle odometer/speedometer or otherwise alter the vehicle. Renter agrees to pay for all such unauthorized repairs and parts.
13. REIMBURSEMENT: Renter will pay all costs, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, incurred by the renting location. Budget will defend and indemnify these parties from all claims, demands and lawsuits resulting from: issuance of a warrant for the arrest of the Renter or any person operating the vehicle; any action by the renting location, including self-help, used to get the vehicle back, or otherwise enforce the terms of the agreement; and any action against the renting location and Budget resulting from Renter's breach of this agreement.
14. RENTER'S INDEPENDENT STATUS: Renter shall not be considered the agent or employee of the renting location and Budget for any purpose whatsoever.
15. CHANGES TO AGREEMENT: Renter agrees to everything stated on both sides of the Rental Agreement (RA), which is the entire Agreement between the parties. Renter agrees that the (RA) can only be changed in writing and if signed or initialed by both the renting location and Renter.
For CHAUFFEUR DRIVEN vehicles
1. PICK UP/DROP OFF FEE: Renter shall be charged the pick up/drop off, hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly rental rate, whichever is applicable.
2. RESERVATION: Renter agrees to be at the designated pick-up point at the appointed time. Reservations are automatically cancelled after 30 minutes of waiting time.
3. CHAFFEUR: Only BUDGET CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL authorized chauffeur is allowed to use the vehicle.
4. PICK UP/DROP OFF LOCATION: Renter SHALL NOT BE picked up/dropped off at any location unless stated in the rental agreement.
5. INSURANCE: Each passenger is covered with a minimum P20,000.00 Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) up to a maximum vehicle registered capacity including the BUDGET CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL driver.
6. OUT OF TOWN TRIPS: Renter shall be charged an additional out-of-town surcharge.
7. OVERNIGHT TRIPS: Renter agrees to provide meals, board and lodging to the driver.
8. OTHERS: Fuel, parking and toll fees are the responsibility of the renter.
Return to Top